Sunday, January 01, 2006

Ostrich

So we went to Charcoal Grill last night (Outback Steakhouse had a 2 hour wait and we wanted to catch a movie afterwards, so we settled for the Grill). I ordered the ostrich burger, since it was supposed to be a very lean cut of meat, and I swore I'd had it before at a different location and liked it just fine. Talk about raunchy! I can't think of one time I've complained in a restaurant, as picky or whiny diners/eaters are one of my pet peeves. And there was nothing wrong with the way the burger was cooked; I simply didn't like the taste. But when the waiter came by halfway through the meal and I'd only eaten 2 bites, I had to tell him why. I literally said, apologetically, "This is really gross." And after that, I believe, I became viewed as one of "those customers." The kind you can never please, who will complain no matter what, who are trying to get something for free. I felt so bad! But he offered to get me a regular burger, so I reluctantly agreed.

By then, my taste buds were completely shot and even the regular burger he later delivered was tainted, I swear. But I kept my mouth shut and chalked it up to a learning experience. And because of my embarassment, I am passing my hard-learned lesson on to those who are reading this - do NOT order the ostrich burger. Ostriches are not meant for eating, people. Even Jason can attest to the fact that something just wasn't right about that burger. I'm not sure how it's remaining on the menu, as that implies people have ordered it and eaten it, a feat I cannot imagine accomplishing.

Ok, enough complaining. Happy New Year one and all! Oh, and "Fun With Dick and Jane" was the movie we saw; it comes highly recommended by me. Funny, endearing, and all around better than I was expecting. I've also recently seen "Chronicles of Narnia," which I also really enjoyed. So ... go see these movies. Or wait until they go to Budget so you don't go broke :)

1 Comments:

At 1/09/2006 7:48 PM, Blogger Name: Katee said...

katie -
if i was at a resturant serving ostrich, i am not sure i would let people order it. if you hoenstly didn't like it, don't worry about being on of "those cutomers."
my advice... from the resturant across the street with the 2 hour wait, put your name in go to the movie get a little popcorn (not a lot) and come back after the movie and enjoy real beef with really good service!! :)
katee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home