Monday, November 07, 2005

I Wish

I wish I was more disciplined when it comes to exercising, eating right and writing.

I wish I was more outgoing and less uptight about ... everything.

I wish my dad was alive again.

I wish my grandpa was a Christian.

I wish the media would stop assuming and promoting that it's no big deal to have sex on a first date. Or second ...

I wish politics could be less about bashing other people and more about figuring out how to make things better.

I wish I understood the inner workings of computers more so I didn't have to call up MIS everytime I had a problem.

I wish I knew what ministry I was ideally suited for.

I wish I didn't have to worry about my future kids listening to a regular ol' radio station and hearing obscenities from the DJ's and songs alike.

When I was a kid, it was a common question to ponder "if you had 3 wishes, what would you wish for?" Of course, being the genius that I was I wished for a number of more wishes ... but then I'd fairly predictably wish for a million dollars, world peace, and an end to poverty, or something like that. Well, there's certainly nothing wrong with those wishes, but the more you live, the more you have to wish for I guess ... harder to narrow it down to only three. Guess it's a good thing I won't be coming across a genie anytime soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home