Sunday, September 18, 2005

Computers

Our computer will be down for the next several days, as we are loading up our stuff and heading out. It's sad how dependent I've become on computers for news, entertainment, communication, and lots of random stuff (job search, yellow pages, online dictionary ...) Well, I don't know why it's sad exactly, just ... weird. I wonder how our lives would be different without computers. What on earth would I fill all that time with? Probably reading and writing (by hand), and I'd probably be in better shape. I'd actually call my friends to talk instead of dropping them an email.

Anyway, I don't have enough time to really think about life without present technology. I've gotta finish some last minute packing and get a good night's sleep before "loading day" begins ...

And since I won't be blogging for a little while, I want to say an official "I love you and miss you dad," as tomorrow is the 1-year mark of his death. I think of you everyday!

http://www.harvestcommunity.org/royce.asp (the date is wrong on this link, it's really the 19th)

3 Comments:

At 9/21/2005 10:37 PM, Blogger DREAMER said...

...where are you going? Remember you can e-mail your blogging post via e-mail......gotta set it up, pretty simple. Anyhow...I work in technology ...and even see more if you click on my web page. But nonetheless good luck and have fun wherever your going...................

 
At 9/24/2005 7:50 AM, Blogger Katy said...

My husband and I just moved to Wisconsin, where we lived before moving to California for a year. We just arrived last night, so I'm no longer a Santa Marian ... I'm now an Oak Creekian!

 
At 9/24/2005 10:03 AM, Blogger Tory Jane said...

YOU'RE HOME! YOU'RE HOME! YOU'RE HOME!

Give me a call when you get a chance, and hopefully we can hang out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home