Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Disneyland

I took my first-ever trip to anything "Disney" yesterday, when we went to Disneyland with my sister-in-law and her family. It was an exciting day, but after the $56/person, plus parking ($10), plus food ($25+), plus the gas to get to and from L.A. ($1,876.77 ..... HA!), I have to say it's only worth it if you have kids or if you go on a very off-peak day. It was fun, but so much of the day was spent waiting ..... that's why I much prefer Universal Studios. Both times we went there, we were able to go on everything we wanted to, plus the longest we waited for anything was probably 20 minutes. But Disney was definitely more exciting for the kiddies! Overall a fun day, even though we didn't get back until after 1:30 a.m. Oh, and Space Mountain was pretty incredible -- I'm still dizzy from it today!

Quick update -- my supervisor emailed me to stop by her office this week to discuss plans for my goodbye celebration. Talk about awkward; if you're going to do something, fine, but I don't want to help plan it! And if you really want to know what I'd like ... does anyone out there know a polite way of saying, "No party. Just some money would be great, thanks!"

1 Comments:

At 8/31/2005 11:43 AM, Blogger dbrown said...

Universal Studios doesnt have the touch of pixie dust that Disney does!

Thats one of the gayest things I've ever said.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home