Thursday, August 04, 2005

Starbucks

Now that my husband works at Starbucks, I'm beginning to crave their drinks! This is not good, seeing that the normal price of a drink there is $3 or $4! But Jason knows what I like, so he can recommend things that I would otherwise not have tried or that doesn't technically exist on the menu (there's no way they could list all the variations, and I've always assumed you can only order what's offered ... not so, apparently!)

Anyway, things at my job are a lot better than when I first started. I still don't ever want to be a receptionist again once I'm done with this position, but it helps that I'm starting to really get along with some coworkers (I've even gone out to dinner with one girl a couple times, along with some of her friends and Jason, plus we work out at the same gym). And I have every other Friday off (yay!) and I've finally earned vacation days. I'm up to 55 hours already :)

So despite feeling stressed overall, life is actually quite good. I just miss my family and friends back home, and am looking forward to an affordable cost of living again. $2.69 for the cheapest gallon of gas, $400,000 for a shack of a house, and $4 for a 12-pack of soda is all a bit steep!

One last thing, since this is a super random post anyway -- I'm starting to play all sorts of Yahoo! games (the free ones you play online) ... For a while I was stuck on Chuzzle, now it's Alchemy and Text Twist, and surely more to come. It actually kinds of makes me miss my dad when I play though, because I know he would have loved these games and I wish I had discovered them before when he was sick; just something small to give him a little extra something to look forward to. It's the strangest things that make you miss someone when they're gone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home