Thursday, May 05, 2005

The Song Remembers When

Trisha Yearwood sings "The Song Remembers When", and its lyrics are so true. It talks about how, even after you've forgotten about a certain incident or haven't thought about a certain person for a while, hearing a song can take you back in an instant.

I found this to be true the other day when for some reason, the song "Wish you were someone I love" popped into my head. Most people have probably never even heard it, but my dad and his 3 brothers sang that song in perfect 4-part harmony (ok, maybe it was 3-part harmony, but there were 4 of them :)) at my grandparents' 40th? wedding anniversary probably back in the late 80's. We have it on tape and even watched it with my dad his last week in the hospital. It was such a happy and memorable time for all of us back then, so innocent and fun. So when that song popped into my head, I started missing my dad like crazy. Music is certainly a powerful force.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home