Saturday, April 23, 2005

Small Group

About a month ago, we joined a small group with 3 other couples our age, which has turned out to be a reallllly good thing for me/us. I really like all the people in the group and am finally starting to feel like I have true friends here instead of just acquaintances. We just finished going through the book of Genesis together and I did something I've never really done before - I memorized what happened in each chapter of the book! The motivating factor behind this was a game we played tonight as a group to see who could answer the most questions the fastest. I came in second :) The competition and my coming up with memorization techniques made me miss being a student for the first time in a long time! The "game" was actually a lot more fun than it sounds, and although I wasn't looking forward to it, it turned out to be really cool.

Tomorrow we're going to Santa Maria's strawberry festival. I hope it's fun. If nothing else, I can't wait to get a strawberry shortcake or something like that. I'm not a big fan of fruit, but I know I should eat more since it's good for you, and strawberries are one of my favorite kinds. 4 high school students are getting baptized Sunday night at our monthly "Common Ground" service, so that should be a fun night. Other than that, nothing much to tell at this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home