Saturday, February 26, 2005

My Hitch Experience

We just got back from seeing the movie "Hitch." I thought it was quite entertaining (though not a movie I'd rush out to buy for my own collection). Still, pretty cute! Here are a couple observations I made during my latest movie-going experience:

1) There is now more advertising before a movie at the theater than I ever remember. It started out small a few years ago, but now there's a whole range of ads - from Twix and cell phone commercials, to promotional spots for TV shows along with the typical movie previews. Talk about overkill! Although I have to admit, I'm surprised it took them this long to catch on to the fact that during the ten minutes before a movie starts, they have a captive audience! Rather clever, I must say.

2) Someone near where we were sitting burped or farted throughout the first half of the movie, and it was NAS-TEE!!! I'm talking I absolutely could not breathe through my nose, and it burned my throat when I inhaled through my mouth. Seriously, I had to breathe with my sleeve cupped over my face. Jason will attest to this, it was without a doubt one of the worst smells I can remember experiencing. Luckily, it tapered off as the movie progressed (or maybe I just got used to it!)

Ok, that's all. Just curious, has anyone else seen this movie? What did you think?

1 Comments:

At 4/22/2005 5:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked hitch... Are you sure that Jason is not the phantom farter? He has a reputation with friends for being quite the stinkie bottom.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home