Sunday, January 16, 2005

Youth Group

I don't know if anyone is still reading my blog, especially since I've only been writing once a week or so, but I thought I'd check in once again. This past week of youth group went pretty well. The jr. high night was Wednesday and it was quite fun. We opened a snack bar ($1 smoothies and other cheap snacks) and broke up into small groups (mine went really well). There were between 20 and 30 students, which is a good turnout for just 7th and 8th grade, and the few reports we got from the students were that they had a good time. High school met Thursday night, and although there didn't seem to be as much excitement as with the jr. highers, we still had a good turnout and I think everyone had fun. It's so weird to me that I feel a stronger connection with jr. high students than with the high schoolers. I don't know the exact reasoning, but I'm kind of glad I prefer jr. high b/c I know it's a tough age and it's harder to find leaders to work with that age group.

The rain has finally stopped and the sun's been out the past couple of days. I've gone on a couple short walks and Jason went riding on his motorcycle today, so we've finally been able to enjoy our first California winter. I have Monday off for MLK's Day, but I think I'm going to spend it helping Jason get some things organized for the youth winter retreat in February (I'm not going on it though b/c of work).

Well, that's about all I have to say right now. Kind of a boring entry, but my life's been pretty routine lately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home