Sunday, December 19, 2004

Employed :)

Well, for those of you still reading my blog ... I did not get the TV station job, but I ended up taking the county job after all. And after telling a few people from church about my new position, they were all in awe that I managed to score a job with the county (apparently, very good benefits; a very coveted position) ... So I'm trying to count my blessings and be appreciative for what I have.

After I gain residency (i.e. next fall), there is a jr. college nearby with some tech programs and associates degrees for $26/credit that I might look into. I would love to learn web design or something computer-related, just to be more marketable and skilled for my career future.

I'm going home to Wisconsin in less than a week and am pretty pumped about that. I think my mom and sister and I are going to take a "jolly bus" tour of downtown Milwaukee, the Third Ward, etc. and check out the lights and sights of the holidays for a buck apiece. Here in Santa Maria, it's been in the 60s and 70s for a while now, and I'm loving it! I thought I'd miss snow for the holidays, but I guess I'm just a mild-climate girl at heart. Besides, at our all-church Christmas party, they brought in a snow machine, and I was freezing just walking near the manmade snow! It was a cool party, though, with real carriage rides, train rides, a giant maze, s'mores over a fire, snow cones, gingerbread houses, etc. Our church specializes in putting on awesome all-church parties and events!

One last note: I just realized, it was 3 months ago today that my dad died. Just like with everything else in life, at times it feels like it's been longer than that and at other times, it seems like I was talking to him just yesterday. I miss him so much!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home