Friday, November 26, 2004

Thanksgiving and Other Stuff

Well, I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. Jason and I went to a family's house from the church and had a really good time! I was thinking it would be a hard day for me, being away from home and without my dad and all, but it ended up being really fun and the family we spent the day with was super nice. We ate food, played disc golf at a nearby park (I suck, by the way), and played Catch Phrase (now that's more my style :)) ... It was the mom and dad, their 2 teenage kids who are in our youth group, and their adult daughter and her fiance, from San Diego (although he just moved out to Vegas where they will live after the wedding, as he just got a youth pastor position out there). They were all so nice and fun! They also had a guy over that the mom works with, so we weren't the only non-relatives :)

We saw The Incredibles and National Treasure recently. I didn't really care to see either, but we were asked by different people to go with them, so we did. They were actually both pretty good. I would recommend National Treasure for sure, as it had more of a storyline than I thought and was pretty well done.

"In other news," ... I saw a web design program on the website of a local business college and emailed for more information (I figured it was a handy skill and would make me more marketable in the future). The lady called me back and set up an appointment to discuss, and the first thing she said when I got to her office was, "We no longer have a web design program." ... Um, ok ... you couldn't have told me that over the phone? But she wanted to discuss other options like a business admin degree or a paralegal degree. No thanks! Especially not for $12,000 a year, are you joking?

Anyway, one last tidbit - I just reread the book "A New Kind of Christian" which talks about how Christianity looks or will look in the postmodern world compared to the modern model of Christianity. It totally stretches the mind, and almost offends at times. But if anyone is interested in reading a very intellectually written book about this, I highly recommend this book. It is really an extended conversation between two people and it feels like a true story, even though it's fiction that is loosely based on true situations and conversations the author has had.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home