Sunday, November 21, 2004

Bummed

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, but I have no news to share. After being strung along for 2 months, I was beat out by an internal candidate at ACS (although I wonder if that person's previous position is now open .... hmmm ....) and it seems that my attempts for employment are foiled at every turn. Wow, I just used the word "foiled" ... I feel so Shakespearean or something. Anyway, I wish I had some exciting story to tell, but alas, discouragement abounds. Hey, I'm on a roll with unusual words tonight!

Well, my current employment situation just goes to show that it DOES in fact matter what you major in in college, despite what OCHS guidance counselors tell you. Seriously, what was their role anyway? They certainly didn't guide or counsel me ..... but I'm not bitter :) Ok, Ok, enough of my cynical remarks. Next week is Thanksgiving, my sister is visiting the weekend after that, and I have a flight booked to be home for Christmas, so I certainly can't complain. I do have a lot to be thankful for! I've just felt a little "blah" lately. Is it a holiday thing, especially considering that I'm away from home and our family is one person short this season? Or could unemployment be to blame? Regardless, I'll try to be more positive in my next post!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home