Tuesday, October 19, 2004

The Weather ... and Other Ramblings

In Wisconsin, I loved when it rained. For some reason, I was totally into a good storm. But now that I've gotten used to the sunny, warmish weather here in California, I love it! And suddenly, after over 6 months of central coast drought, it's been raining on and off all week ... and I'm gloomy! What's up with that?

Just got back from another interview. I hate the job searching process. I'm starting to not mind just being unemployed (I'm finally starting to use my "free time" wisely), and I have decided that I'd like to be a professional note-taker. I think I'm good at that -- I know how to write quickly and take short cuts but still have really thorough notes. Like in my labor econ classes, I had all sorts of symbols and abbreviations down pat, and I was able to sum up what the prof was saying in succinct phrases. Is there such a job? I'll sit in on people's classes for them, take their notes, type their papers (that they write), read and highlight their books ... it's almost like I'd be a ... well, a professional cheater! Um ....... yeah. Never mind. But I'm not into the lifetime student thing; I put too much pressure on myself to get good grades, and wouldn't want to live my life with that much stress.

I just discovered this really nice song by Chris Rice called "Untitled Hymn (Come To Jesus)" ... my uncle wanted to sing it at my dad's funeral, but it was too last minute and nobody knew it. Still, it would be a really good song for a funeral. I downloaded it from I-Tunes, but I'm mad because I bought the acoustic guitar version instead of the regular "radio" version. Grrr .... OH WELL, life is rough huh. Oh, another good "life reflection" song is "I Am" by Nichole Nordeman and the country song "Flies on the Butter."

What else .... We're getting a bed for our 2nd bedroom this week! That way my mom doesn't have to sleep on the ground when she visits ... or on an air mattress ... or on a flip-n-fold (you remember, the dorm room staple). Other than that ... no real news. Just rambling on the computer while listening to I-Tunes and the rain outside. Kinda nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home