Thursday, September 01, 2005

Roller Coaster

My post title is actually referring to the "emotional" kind ... lately I've been up and down!! But my friend Kim is visiting me for Labor Day weekend, so I am very excited for that. I'm picking her up in L.A. and then we'll probably hit Hollywood Boulevard and/or Beverly Hills and/or Third Street Promenade. Depends on traffic I suppose, and how long we want to stay in L.A. Then we'll head back to Santa Maria for the weekend, hit the beach and who knows what else. It'll be a quick trip, but I'm glad she's able to come! Then it's only a matter of a few weeks before I'm back "home." I'm actually listening to a country song right now on I-Tunes called "You can't go home again (Flies on the butter)" ... it's very nestalgic and it makes me think of my dad. We're going to be packing up our Penske truck on the 1-year anniversay of his death. It's weird to think that last year at this time we were just arriving in California and my dad was still alive. So much has changed since then. Sometimes I feel like a different person than I was back then, but I know things will get back to semi-normal when I'm back in Wisconsin. I have a lot of things on my mind right now, I feel like I'm always preoccupied with something. It's unsettling. I pray it passes.

3 Comments:

At 9/02/2005 12:48 PM, Blogger Tory Jane said...

Sorry to hear about your unsettled feelings. Those sorts of rollercoasters are never fun. I'll be praying for you as you try to process things... Know that I'm incredibly excited to see you and Jason when you come home! We'll have to hang out, for sure! It'll be so great to have you in the area again... I miss you!

 
At 9/02/2005 10:15 PM, Blogger DREAMER said...

Wow and I thought I was the only one in Santa Maria posting blogs.......sorta weird in a unweird way I guess.........hmm....interesting none the less. Anyhow.....I really dont have much to say since I dont know you.......sorry to sound strange lol....but oh well.

 
At 9/05/2005 8:26 AM, Blogger Tory Jane said...

AH! Dreamer's avatar is kinda creepy! SCARY CLOWN! It'd be scary if all it was was a picture of a clown, but the blinking eyes?! YIKES!
Clowns are so creepy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home