Saturday, November 12, 2005

My Job

It's sad when your own family has no idea what you do at your job. My sister, who I'm very close with, once told someone who asked what I do that I'm in human resources at an insurance agency. Can't really blame her. As she says, I'm the "Chandler" of our circle of friends -- nobody really quite knows what I do.

Well, the reason it's so hard to explain is that it would take longer than a polite 1- or 2-minute response to answer the question, and really I don't think anyone wants to wait that long -- my job is not that interesting. Besides that, everyone has to sign a confidentiality agreement at my company, so I don't know exactly how much I can say. But in a nutshell, for those of you wanting that 2 minute summary, my company provides several services to hospitals and research companies, including keeping track of their inventory and, in a VERY loose sense, acting as an insurance company for when their research equipment "gets sick," as everyone knows that manufacturer's service contracts are a ripoff. My part in this "managed maintenance" process is maintaining the inventory lists (data entry) for my set of accounts, invoicing and balancing our clients' accounts, distributing sales literature as requested by sales, and producing various financial reports for our clients.

Phew. Still with me? Does anyone feel they know me better? Didn't think so. But that's about all you're gonna get :) Sorry for those who've asked in the past and all I've told them is that I do "office work" ... I'll probably be using that line again in the future ...

1 Comments:

At 11/19/2005 12:22 PM, Blogger Tory Jane said...

I KNOW WHAT YOU DO! I KNOW WHAT YOU DO!

hahaha... maybe it's because I work with you...

I agree with you though. Whenever anyone asks me what kind of a company I work for, I say "Assett Management." That typically will make them go, "Hmmm..." and leave it at that.

But I agree with you. It's a little hard to explain exactly what it is that we do at times.

But I'm glad you're enjoying it and the days are flying by.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home