Saturday, December 16, 2006

"The Only Thing Constant is Change"

Did I butcher that quote? In any case, it seems to be the theme in our office these past few months (and even earlier). Our workforce has been greatly reduced, almost all of middle and upper management is brand new, and no one account is handled exactly the same as the next in the name of "improvement." It's frustrating and disheartening, but with change comes the possibility of something better on the other side.

Right now, we're in the middle of extreme uncertainty as we venture into new areas of our business with tough competition suddenly encroaching in on a market we used to dominate. Is it worth sticking out the rough transitions to see what may develop down the road? There's really no way to know. One of my favorite and closest coworkers (and supervisor) just put in her notice and I cried when I found out. I've always said that one of the main things I like about my job is the people I work with directly, and that factor is slowly being eliminated. If the trend continues, what does that leave me with? That said, I don't feel nearly as hopeless about the situation as I thought I would, and I'd like to adopt an "I can rise to the challenge" attitude in the face of all this change. Here's hoping ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home