Saturday, February 17, 2007

passwords

It's crazy how many passwords we are expected to remember these days! I have one to get into my computer at work, one to get into the operating system that houses our database software, one for my work voicemail, one for my cell phone voicemail if calling from a different phone, one for my personal email, one for my blog, one for my debit card, and luckily Jason takes care of our online bills because banks, credit cards, and other companies all (obviously) require passwords as well.

But what really throws a wrench into things is that my two computer-related passwords at work expire at varying intervals, so I can't keep them linked as I would like AND the rules are that the first six characters must contain at least three of the following: number, symbol, capital letter, small letter AND it can't be the same password as the last three passwords I've used. So when your passwords expire every 90 days ... Yikes! That's a lot to remember.

1 Comments:

At 2/17/2007 3:49 PM, Blogger Blair said...

I know what you mean. After about for websits lost to lost passwords I just used the same password for everything. And if it was already taken I use something that has to do with things I'm involed in and what not.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home