Thursday, August 30, 2007

A non-crazy day? Can it be?

This week has been an absolute whirlwind. I cannot believe it's already Thursday. And it's Labor Day weekend to boot - where has the year gone? But what was cool about today was that I didn't get non-stop emails and I decided to leave work at 5 for a change (what a novel concept). So by the time I got home, I had a little time to unwind before going to babysit my niece. What a relaxing evening that turned out to be (no sarcasm there - I mean it!!!)

Madelyn ran to the door when she saw me coming, saying "Katy, Katy, Katy, Katy" the whole way, and hugged my leg with a big smile on her face as soon as I got in the door. She sang every word to "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" for me - and in tune too! Then we watched Clifford (truly, very relaxing), read some books and she went to sleep at 7:30 without so much as a peep. What a change of pace this day was compared to the past several. Thanks God! I needed this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home