Friday, March 31, 2006

soapbox

I like a good courtroom drama or police investigation show as much as the next person (believe me, I'm hooked on several), but has anyone else noticed that nearly every TV show these days, sometimes every single episode of a series, contains a storyline that revolves around a cheating spouse? Not only is it demoralizing to see every couple on television struggling with infidelity, it's also becoming a really worn-out plot. As soon as a victim's spouse is introduced on one of these shows, I now immediately start suspecting them of killing their husband or wife in order to cover up some affair they've been having. It's becoming quite predictable and rather annoying. TV writers - even though adultery is probably becoming more common in real life these days, I think portraying a monogomous relationship would be somewhat refreshing.

Ok, I am done now :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home