Thursday, August 24, 2006

Songs on TV

It's interesting how a good soundtrack or theme song can make a TV show more or less appealing. When I told my sister that I liked Crossing Jordan, she said she never wanted to watch that show because the first time she saw it advertised, it was to the song "I'm Only Happy When It Rains." And now that it's time for series premieres, there are a bunch of new shows being advertised that I think are coming off way better than they really will be and are probably going to draw a large first-episode audience, primarily because they have a really moving song or just plain cool music playing in the background. That might sound kind of cynical, but my point really is that for many more reasons than just this one, I think music is quite powerful ...

1 Comments:

At 8/26/2006 2:31 PM, Blogger Tory Jane said...

I would agree, Katy... I have to say that the show 6 degrees sort of caught my attention mostly because of it being a show by J.J. Abrams, but the Goo Goo Dolls song they play with it definitely caught my attention as well. The song works REALLY well for the commercial... Also, the new WB which I think is called CW or something has a James Blunt song behind the commercial promoing all their new shows - definitely catchy.

But I'd agree... songs can make it or break it for me. I think that's why I like anything Cameron Crowe and Zach Brach touch... they have an amazing talent for picking amazing tunes to go with "moments" in movies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home