Monday, July 31, 2006

Stuff

I am such a wimp when it comes to being sick. I had a cold all weekend and felt nauseas this morning, and all I wanted to do was crawl back in bed for the rest of the day, but laying down made my nose get stuffy. How sad am I? It's a cold, suck it up, right? I hope I never contract a serious illness, because I don't think I'd be much of a fighter! I don't know how my dad coped with chemo for as long as he did without throwing in the towel. How miserable he must have been always feeling sick to his stomach, always tired, food never sounding good, and all the while the rest of the world buzzed on around him.

Anyway, on to brighter things ... my brother was in town from Taiwan for the past couple of weeks. We spent a lot of time together including a quick trip to my grandpa's in Minnesota. My g-pa is 90 and still taking care of himself, which is amazing. Jason and I are slowly starting a search for a house, but it's discouraging because houses - at least houses in what we consider to be "decent" areas - are so expensive! Who knows what will happen or when, but I'm trying not to stress about it. Life's too short for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home