Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Ordinary

I love this song by Train. I don't know what it's overall intended meaning is, but I love listening to it, and lately the title has really resonated with me. Sometimes I feel so ordinary and forgettable in this great big world, and who I want to be does not always equal who I am or how people perceive me. I don't think the source of my security (i.e. who or what helps me overcome my insecurities) is properly aligned right now. I care too much about what others think of me.

Whose eyes am I behind?
I don't recognize anything that I see
Whose skin is this design?
I don't want this to be the way that you see me

I don't understand anything anymore
And this web that I'm tired of
Is taking me right up these walls
That I climb up to get to your story
It's anything but ordinary

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home