Tuesday, May 16, 2006

idol gripes

Ok, so I'm a nerd and I watch American Idol (though I've never voted), and I would like to take a moment to voice my general complaints about the show. My list is light-hearted and brief, although you must forgive my cynicism - it comes a bit too naturally at times:

1.) Why can't people, especially judges, have a negative opinion about a song without being boo'ed? I know Simon can be a bit overly critical at times, but he's entitled to his opinion and half the time he's right, so let the guy finish his speech and move the show along already.

2.) Taylor, I think you're a great performer, I really do ... but if you chant "Soul Patrol" like you're an A-D-D third grader ONE more time, I swear ........

3.) Paula, you're a sweet lady, but I think you have the same syndrome I have at times ... you can't think two words ahead of what you're saying, so it all comes out in a jumble. But I have to say, you look better at 40-something (?) than I do at 26! :(

4.) To the producers: PLEASE ban "I Believe I Can Fly" from the playlist. FOREVER.

Thank you, that is all.

3 Comments:

At 5/17/2006 1:23 AM, Blogger Holly o:) said...

Hey Katy,

I agree with all your points! Of course, I have lost my faith in American Idol now that Chris has been kicked off, but I'll be okay.
There's a couple other songs that I want banned from the playlist too, but after tonight's performance, if I never hear "I Believe I Can Fly" again, I can die a happy woman. Oi, it was bad!

 
At 5/17/2006 12:37 PM, Blogger Katy said...

I totally thought Chris was going to win this season. I still think he'll emerge the biggest star of the 12 in the end.

 
At 5/18/2006 12:40 AM, Blogger Holly o:) said...

I think he'll be fine too. After all, I think he was only kicked off because his fans just didn't vote, not because America stopped liking him. Anyway, if he makes an album, I'd buy it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home