Monday, May 08, 2006

Incoherent

Today was one of those days where I felt like everything I said was completely incoherent. Does anyone ever have days like that? I participated in a conference call where I felt my words added nothing of value. Every time I tried to tell a story to someone today, I would get halfway through and realize it was not going in the direction I had intended ... but I was halfway through after all, so I had to finish the rest and only hope my gracious coworkers' faces wouldn't show their confusion and boredom, thereby creating an even more uncomfortable situation for me. As I spoke, I would think, "How can I end this story to salvage what little purpose I had in speaking in the first place?"

I wish I would think more before I speak. Sometimes I do, but then there are times ... out comes the jibberish and there is no turning back. And the more you try to clarify what you've said or explain why it was confusing, the more confused the listening party becomes. It's a vicious cycle. Know what I mean?

Yeah, I didn't think so :)

1 Comments:

At 5/14/2006 9:57 PM, Blogger Holly o:) said...

Believe me, you're not alone...I have days like that more often than I'd like to admit...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home