Tuesday, September 19, 2006

2 years

I went to my dad's grave with my family today, marking 2 years since he died. It's weird how sad it can be to really think about someone you loved so much and who is gone, because I live my life now without him, and it's just become normal not to have him here. And although he's always in the back of my mind, I usually don't have a clear image of him or dwell on his memory too much. But then there are times like this, when I give a concentrated effort to my dad, and it brings me to tears. I was so looking forward to seeing him interact with his grandkids. I'm just glad that time really does take away some of the sadness. I remember thinking my sadness would never end and would only increase with each passing day, but fortunately it has greatly subsided over the years.

1 Comments:

At 9/21/2006 10:52 PM, Blogger Tory Jane said...

Wow... It doesn't seem like it all happened two years ago - it feels like it wasn't that long ago. But I'm glad to hear it's become a healthy process for you. And I'm glad you were able to spend some time at his grave the other day...

I miss you lots, and hope you're doing well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home