Monday, September 10, 2007

Talk About A Bad Lunch Hour

I was at jury duty today (When I was originally called a few months ago, I delayed it until now), and here is how my lunch hour went ...

I didn't realize they didn't take credit cards until I was in the cafeteria, and I only had $2 in my purse, which meant I was best off having the salad bar and just not filling up the container all the way. While grabbing the dressing bottles, my hands got covered in dressing (they're these tall tubes beneath the glass buffet cover, so you have to maneuver oddly to grab them, plus we had a late lunch so lots of people had had a chance to get them all messy by then). After pouring on my salad, I noticed I somehow got french dressing all over my sleeve. Great. So I grabbed a napkin and an ice cube from a cooler of sodas in an attempt to clean the spot. Meanwhile, I dropped my salad container on the ground, spilling luckily only a small portion of the contents. So I put the salad container down on top of the book I'd brought and grabbed some more napkins to clean up the floor. There was no garbage that side of the registers, so I held onto my trash and noticed that the bottom of the salad container had leaked dressing on my book. Great. So I paid, threw away my garbage, and chowed down my $1 worth of salad (so filling), then went back up to the jury room where I got a free soda. But wouldn't you know, I screwed off the cap and soda came spilling out everywhere. The lady at the reception desk said, "Can you please clear the hallway? We're calling jurors for a trial." I'm like, "Yeah, but I sort of spilled soda all over the floor. Got a napkin?"

So all in all, it was almost my most embarrassing moment since ... oh ... jr. high or so. I'm sure none of it was as bad as I made it out to be - I actually wasn't nearly as embarrassed as I could've been. But I'm glad this day is over. Here's hoping tomorrow goes a bit smoother!

2 Comments:

At 9/10/2007 7:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well......it could have been worse. You could have accidentally farted when you bent down to clean up the salad dressing.

 
At 9/12/2007 10:49 AM, Blogger Holly o:) said...

Or had your skirt/pants rip right in the seat as you bent over, or slipped in the puddle and landed with a resounding thump right on your behind in the middle of the mess...Jason's right, it could have been much worse! Besides, hopefully you'll never see any of those people who witnessed your mishaps again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home