Tuesday, January 01, 2008

In The News ...

When I look at the Yahoo News page these days, it's really depressing.

Kenya church fire kills 50 who fled mob violence
Suicide bomber kills 32 people attending a Baghdad funeral
Drunk driver kills woman and four kids, Ohio police say

And yet I wonder, what would the Yahoo News page have looked like in biblical times? Or when my parents were my age? Would some of the headlines be somewhat similar all throughout history? Is the world going "downhill" or is the media just more comprehensive and pervasive than it's ever been?

If I were a high school history teacher, or even a journalism or computer teacher, I think one of my assignments would be for the students to create an internet news site for a specific period in history. Fun and educational all wrapped into one :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home